1. Move your body everyday of the week
Remember to prioritize movement, not just the concept of “exercise.” Even on days you don’t get a workout in, be sure you take a walk, stretch, stand, or dance! Your body was meant to move: enjoy it.
2. Schedule exercise like an appointment
Write down exactly when you are going to workout in your calendar or planner. You are the boss of you. And you wouldn’t cancel and appointment with the boss, would you?
3. Follow the 80/20 rule
Eat healthy 80 percent of the time. Indulge occasionally, but make sure most of your choices are healthy.
4. Add muscle building activities to your weekly workouts
Free weights, resistance bands, muscle sculpt classes or using your body weight with push-ups, planks and squats all work.
5. Find a form (or two!) of exercise you enjoy
If you’re totally bored with your workout routine, start exploring different forms of exercise! It’s easier to do and stick with the things we enjoy.
6. Workout in the morning
When you get your workout in first thing, you are less likely to skip exercise. When you leave it to later in the day, you may get tired or your day may get away from you and lose your motivation to do it.
7. Take one day a week for active recovery
It’s your day of rest from intense workouts, but you still move. Take a walk. Do a gentle yoga class. Just do something that’s less intense than what you do for exercise the other six days of the week.
8. Never go more than two days in a row without exercise
This applies to your vacations too!
9. Circuit training helps your burn calories and increase muscle
Circuit style workouts super charge your metabolism and help you shed pounds. By getting your heart rate up and working each muscle group, you can create a lean and sleek physique.
10. Get an accountability partner for exercise and weight loss support
Exercise together, share tips and swap encouragement.